Welcome

Lifedrivedoc.com began as a place to talk about the Lifedrive. It soon became apparent that it was much more than that. Since moving on from my Lifedrive, I am engaged in more avenues of technology. That technology has intersected with my professional life - Medicine as well as my social life.

As noted above, the blog is about a lot of things in relation to technology. If you are looking for Lifedrive related material, I am currently dividing the blog so that those searches will be easy for you to find. Most of them will be pre 2007, that should help. Additionally, if you are looking for the links that used to be on the left border. They will be back up in a different format soon. I do enjoy reading about new things to do with the Lifedrive, so you can feel free to let me know about those. I will also post those on the site.

If you are having trouble getting an RSS Feed, click on the feed link below or type this into your reader: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifedrivedoccom


Enjoy.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Small Pause.....

To those of you who have written to me asking about the apps for Mobisystems, HandBase and my all-time favorite, Smartlistogo, please be patient. I have been looking for a good place to host the files. Free is always preferrable, but we did look into a paid hosting service to increase file accuracy.

There is a test site that is not currently online but still in beta testing. Additionally, I will probably begin writing my own apps - as I have done - and getting others to add to the growing list, as I hope. Another possibility is to ask the program developers, Mobi/Hand/Dataviz to host the files and just point a link to them. I am particularly interested in seeing the number of downloads per application and I think that they may be better suited to do this.

As of today, I am looking at Google's new offering due to the fact that they are offering 100mb of free space. This is much greater than a few of the paid sites that I have been looking at. If Google allows HTTP or FTP downloading and file hosting, then I think that I will have no choice but to migrate there and save a few pennies in between.

Since the files will be predominantly free, I think that advertising from the page may pay whatever other bills may be accrued.

If anyone has any other ideas on this matter, please feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks.

LDD.

No comments: