Welcome

Lifedrivedoc.com began as a place to talk about the Lifedrive. It soon became apparent that it was much more than that. Since moving on from my Lifedrive, I am engaged in more avenues of technology. That technology has intersected with my professional life - Medicine as well as my social life.

As noted above, the blog is about a lot of things in relation to technology. If you are looking for Lifedrive related material, I am currently dividing the blog so that those searches will be easy for you to find. Most of them will be pre 2007, that should help. Additionally, if you are looking for the links that used to be on the left border. They will be back up in a different format soon. I do enjoy reading about new things to do with the Lifedrive, so you can feel free to let me know about those. I will also post those on the site.

If you are having trouble getting an RSS Feed, click on the feed link below or type this into your reader: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifedrivedoccom


Enjoy.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Interesting Robot Kit


Well, on those lonely nights when you can find nothing to do with your old palm pilots, an interesting solution seems possible. If you recall, I noted that Medtronic was using revamped Handsprings to control intrathecal drugs (By the way, I had the opportunity to see one of these devices first-hand last week....Truly Amazing!), well a few industrious and ingenious individuals at Carnegie Mellon University have decided to make a Palm Pilot Robot Kit (PPRK).

On the website, there is detailed information on creating one of these. As always, click on the title to take you there. At the site, there is information on the theory of robotics and links to other sites that include software and hardware. Some of the software is interesting and I was happy to see that a free copy of Code Warrior Lite was still available for download.

LDD.

No comments: