Welcome

Lifedrivedoc.com began as a place to talk about the Lifedrive. It soon became apparent that it was much more than that. Since moving on from my Lifedrive, I am engaged in more avenues of technology. That technology has intersected with my professional life - Medicine as well as my social life.

As noted above, the blog is about a lot of things in relation to technology. If you are looking for Lifedrive related material, I am currently dividing the blog so that those searches will be easy for you to find. Most of them will be pre 2007, that should help. Additionally, if you are looking for the links that used to be on the left border. They will be back up in a different format soon. I do enjoy reading about new things to do with the Lifedrive, so you can feel free to let me know about those. I will also post those on the site.

If you are having trouble getting an RSS Feed, click on the feed link below or type this into your reader: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifedrivedoccom


Enjoy.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The end is nigh.......

Well, It appears that the end is closer than we think for the Lifedrive. PIC is reporting that there is now a shortage of the Lifedrive in brick and mortar stores. We all expected it. But will there be another one made?

I refer you to Khertan . I believe that there is a new model coming out. It may not be called Lifedrive, but it will be in the Mobile Manager category. Remember Steve Jobs in 2005, when asked about the possibility of an Apple iPhone. He denied it, saying that it was just not feasible; not market worthy; no great demand for it. Silently over a 2 year period Apple worked on this device, even getting together with Cingular to market it and operate as a sole carrier. Rewind to Ed Colligan, CEO of Palm Inc. 2005 December during the now infamous conference call where he called the Lifedrive an experiment, he specifically stated that the company would be focused on smartphones. He has gone on to declare in subsequent interviews that the standalone PDA will drop annually in 20-30% increments. He has been telling this story for 2 years. So, what should we expect from this as we see the Lifedrive declining in sales and inventory? Will there be a new T/X? I am predicting a 4 gig version sometime this year. But I think that we may be seeing something else coming.

There is too much silence coming from Palm. Too quiet as they are being attacked left, right and center. I believe Ed Colligan has something up his sleeve and the great experiment that was the Lifedrive is waiting to be unleashed upon the masses. It may come in June to decrease the noise about the ApplePhone; it may come in October/November the usual cycle, but I think that something may be brewing. The fall in inventory and the smokescreen around releases may be a "head-fake."

By the way, I am currently looking for a used or cheap Lifedrive to put a CF card in. I'll let you know how that goes as soon as I can get one for a reasonable price.


LDD.

No comments: