Welcome

Lifedrivedoc.com began as a place to talk about the Lifedrive. It soon became apparent that it was much more than that. Since moving on from my Lifedrive, I am engaged in more avenues of technology. That technology has intersected with my professional life - Medicine as well as my social life.

As noted above, the blog is about a lot of things in relation to technology. If you are looking for Lifedrive related material, I am currently dividing the blog so that those searches will be easy for you to find. Most of them will be pre 2007, that should help. Additionally, if you are looking for the links that used to be on the left border. They will be back up in a different format soon. I do enjoy reading about new things to do with the Lifedrive, so you can feel free to let me know about those. I will also post those on the site.

If you are having trouble getting an RSS Feed, click on the feed link below or type this into your reader: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifedrivedoccom


Enjoy.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Open Letter to Mr. Colligan

Dear Mr. Colligan,

After reading about the Analyst Day Meeting today, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for listening to the users of your products. As a physician, I am certain that you are well aware of the extreme disappointment that was noted in the Palm community upon the release of the Lifedrive. Its inability to function as advertised, without causing soft or hard resets. Its lack of truly dependable apps and its lack of multitasking.

Your decision to entertain the Linux platform is both breathtaking and refreshing for those of us who have been, to say the least, underwhelmed by Palms' latest offerings. Your recognition of the need for multitasking; accurate and secure memory management; adequate battery life with reasonable use and the recognition of wifi enabled telephony is a true indication that you have been listening to or possibly reading some of the banter concerning these issues.

I am looking forward to your offerings later this year. It is important for your company to succeed and I admire the true grit to "go it alone" or at the very least to do it your way. You are to be commended, along with your staff for at least trying to be innovative.

I believe that I speak for many in the medical and possibly other fields when I state that the decision to leave the Palm platform is a very difficult one. It is also one that should not have to be made. If it is true that you will be creating a device that can act as a standalone PDA or possible phone, then there is no reason to leave Palm. Your meeting today has reaffirmed that you have not abandoned the PDA market and that you plan to stay around. This is a very important first step in keeping people such as myself using your products. As a user with mission critical data stored on your devices, it is important for me to know that you have not abandoned us.

Again, I and many others look forward to your next offerings and I thank you for your time.


Sincerely,

L.D.D.

No comments: