Welcome

Lifedrivedoc.com began as a place to talk about the Lifedrive. It soon became apparent that it was much more than that. Since moving on from my Lifedrive, I am engaged in more avenues of technology. That technology has intersected with my professional life - Medicine as well as my social life.

As noted above, the blog is about a lot of things in relation to technology. If you are looking for Lifedrive related material, I am currently dividing the blog so that those searches will be easy for you to find. Most of them will be pre 2007, that should help. Additionally, if you are looking for the links that used to be on the left border. They will be back up in a different format soon. I do enjoy reading about new things to do with the Lifedrive, so you can feel free to let me know about those. I will also post those on the site.

If you are having trouble getting an RSS Feed, click on the feed link below or type this into your reader: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifedrivedoccom


Enjoy.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Any news on a Lifedrive Update?

I am still awaiting the word on when Palm will release an update to the Lifedrive. It is usually around this time that we can expect an update of their product cycle to correct problems.

I believe that December is also a good month for these things. Right now, my Lifedrive is acting as an overpriced MP3 player. It does that very well. It crashes after viewing movies, using mobidatabase, dataviz's programs both for extended periods of time. Wifi is becoming another problem, with many crashes during use. Blazer is unstable for most of the time.

I have just purchased a 1 g ultra card which is magnificent, but for my real work, that of billing etc, I have had to go back to the Tungsten 1. It is getting harder and harder to recommend my "precious" to anyone but a video collector and picture buff. Still, I haven't gone over to the other side, although i have been tempted.

I am also not jumping into the waters for a Tungsten TX. No, I am waiting for an update --probably idiotic to do so -- in the hope that Palm will make things right again. I can only hope.

On another note, I am now begining to wonder whether it is really worth my time setting up databases with mobi Database. I am finding all sorts of restrictions with this program that inhibit me from writing a really good app to collect patient data. It is begining to look like a tool for rearranging and presenting data in a different way, rather than real time updates.

And, since my last post, it appears that Dataviz has struck back in the Office Space, bringing out Version 8 of their Office product. This time they are advertising carbon copy technology that renders word documents exactly the same as their originals -- a page taken from mobi office I presume-- and the very radical native PDF program. Although someone has posted a glitch on the web, the product has been a long time in coming. I will of course wait for version 2.0 of the product to come out before I buy.

So, now without further adieu, I will hibernate once more awaiting the Palm update for the Lifedrive.

LDD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Doc,

Appreciate your opinions on this. Perhaps we can get Palm and
even Mobi to change things for the betterment of all.

Keep up the good work.

LDD said...

thanks.