Welcome

Lifedrivedoc.com began as a place to talk about the Lifedrive. It soon became apparent that it was much more than that. Since moving on from my Lifedrive, I am engaged in more avenues of technology. That technology has intersected with my professional life - Medicine as well as my social life.

As noted above, the blog is about a lot of things in relation to technology. If you are looking for Lifedrive related material, I am currently dividing the blog so that those searches will be easy for you to find. Most of them will be pre 2007, that should help. Additionally, if you are looking for the links that used to be on the left border. They will be back up in a different format soon. I do enjoy reading about new things to do with the Lifedrive, so you can feel free to let me know about those. I will also post those on the site.

If you are having trouble getting an RSS Feed, click on the feed link below or type this into your reader: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifedrivedoccom


Enjoy.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Getting Closer

I am getting a little closer to putting up some Mobi Apps, more medical than not.
I am still having some issues with the program. The main one is redundancy, or lack thereof. One cannot copy databases verbatim to make backups. One can only copy the skeleton or the empty database with all of the queries, forms etc intact. However, once I work out all of the logistics with the host that I wish to use to host the files, I hope that many of you out there will add to the list of files created using this.

I am particularly looking for medical files if possible, but I am not limiting the search to this. Other apps can be added as well. As for selling these apps, I'm not certain that will be a possibility for now. I am just going to use the website in the hope that it helps others. I will probably use the advertising model (NOT THE FOUR LETTER WORD BEGINING WITH S ) to subsidize it.

I think that we can start using this as a source for other projects too, including Dataviz's Smartlist, Handbase among others.

LDD.

No comments: