Welcome

Lifedrivedoc.com began as a place to talk about the Lifedrive. It soon became apparent that it was much more than that. Since moving on from my Lifedrive, I am engaged in more avenues of technology. That technology has intersected with my professional life - Medicine as well as my social life.

As noted above, the blog is about a lot of things in relation to technology. If you are looking for Lifedrive related material, I am currently dividing the blog so that those searches will be easy for you to find. Most of them will be pre 2007, that should help. Additionally, if you are looking for the links that used to be on the left border. They will be back up in a different format soon. I do enjoy reading about new things to do with the Lifedrive, so you can feel free to let me know about those. I will also post those on the site.

If you are having trouble getting an RSS Feed, click on the feed link below or type this into your reader: http://feeds.feedburner.com/lifedrivedoccom


Enjoy.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Michael Mace Great Article on the Lifedrive

If you get a chance, please see the blog of Mr. Michael Mace, "former Chief Competitive Officer and VP of Product Planning at Palm, VP of Strategic Marketing at PalmSource" at mobileopportunity.blogspot.com.

Mr. Mace provides a view that is really unique about the shortcomings of the Lifedrive Mobile Manager. I think that Palm will readily acknowledge some of the shortcomings that Mr. Mace is not afraid to describe.

I am very confident that Palm will come out with a Lifedrive 2 that far exceeds our expectations for stability and efficiency. I think that CEO Ed Colligan is actually listening to and reading the criticism about the device.

From almost all corners of the world in regards to both top devices, we are hearing about the need to have more on board memory - 128 to 256 megs minimum for Lifedrives and Treos. In order to run older programs that require continuous memory, you need to have at least this amount of memory on board. Hopefully we will see this come to fruition.

I did leave some feedback on Mr. Mace's site because I think that there were a few things missing from his post in regards to the lack of robust sales of the device. Hard Resets and sluggish response times were not initially mentioned and I feel that these issues kept a lot of physicians from buying the device.

But as one who loves the Palm Operating system I reiterate my confidence that the Lifedrive 2 will be a great device. They have had more time for testing and the support from even ex-employees such as Mr. Mace, combined with a CEO who appears to be listening, all bode well for the future.

LDD.

No comments: